Insures Container and Field-grown Nursery Plants
for Wholesale Nursery
- Adverse weather conditions (wind, hail, flood, excess rain), and freeze or cold if required winterization protection measures are utilized
- Fire (provided weeds and undergrowth are controlled)
- Failure of the irrigation or power supply due to an insured cause of loss
- Delay in maturity of plants, if delay is due to an insured cause of loss
- Disease or insect infestation (if no effective control exists)
- Earthquake or Volcanic Eruption
Amount of Insurance
- The amount of insurable inventory is determined by the Grower, based on reported sizes and quantities, calculated in the Database Nursery Software that we provide.
- Reported inventory values must be substantiated by purchase and sales receipts at loss time, within a 10% threshold to avoid cancellation of coverage. See your agent for details.
- The amount of insurance is determined by multiplying the value of the insurable inventory by the selected coverage level times the price election.
- Available coverage levels are CATastrophic (50% deductible, 55% price election), and Buy-up at 50%, 55%, 60%, 65%, 70%, or 75% levels, each with 100% price election.
- 12 Plant Types exist for Field Grown and 15 Plant types for Container Grown. Each can be insured at different coverage levels when buy-up coverage is purchased.
- Coverage attaches 30 days after your agent receives all necessary documentation.
- Deciduous Trees
- Coniferous Evergreen Trees
- Coniferous Evergreen Shrubs
- Ground Cover and Vines
- Annuals (container)
- Broadleaf Evergreen Trees
- Broadleaf Evergreen Shrubs
- Small Fruits
- Herbaceous Perennials (container)
- Fruit & Nut Trees
- Deciduous Shrubs
- Palms & Cycads
- Liners (5/8" to <3")
Endorsements (Available with buy-up coverage only)
Peak Inventory Endorsement:
- Recommended for nurseries with large seasonal changes in plant inventory. Specific period additional coverage is available and premium is based on this period and amount of desired coverage.
- This endorsement provides supplemental payment to cover some rehabilitation costs, but is limited to expenditures for labor and materials due to a covered peril for field-grown material only.
Grower's Price Endorsement:
- Permits you to increase inventory values on your Plant Inventory Value Report to an upgraded plant price above the Datascape Plant Price Schedule.